- Pet Shop Boyz Website
Summertime means going on outings, picnics, and having fun with your furry companions. But, along with all the fun, comes great challenges to keep your pets safe from the soaring temperatures and heatwaves. While nothing should stop you from having fun with your beloved pets this summer, your pet’s safety should be your topmost priority as extreme heat can cause serious problems such as dehydration and heatstroke in pets.
If you don’t want to ruin your and your pets’ summer fun, here are some tips to help them beat the heat this summer:
- Make sure your pet has plenty of water to drink and that their water bowls are never empty. You can also try keeping multiple water bowls in the house to give them more chances to stay hydrated and drink enough water.
- Water is very essential in summer, but so are vitamins and electrolytes to maintain hydration. For that, you can make them ice popsicles. They would absolutely love to devour such icy treats on a hot summer afternoon. To make these treats more nutritious, you can add small pieces of your pet’s favorite fruits as well.
- Limit their direct exposure to the sun. Avoid going out while the sun is above their head. Plan their walks and exercise schedules in the early morning or late evening when the weather is comparatively cooler.
- Your pet’s paws are quite sensitive. You may not feel the heat on the sand or floor or metal because of your footwear but since our fur buddies walk with bare paws, do not forget to check the temperature of the ground before letting them play or walk.
- If your pet is an outdoorsy guy, and loves relaxing in the backyard or garden, provide them with shades or tents where they can rest in a cool place.
- Never leave your pet in a parked car for long on a hot sunny day. Even if your pet is trained to stay in the car for hours, the temperature in the car is much hotter in summer and can lead to brain damage in pets.
- If you are taking your pets out along with you, carry an extra water bottle for them. Whether it is a walk or a drive, don’t forget to carry their bowls and water with you.
- Just like us humans, pets tend to gain weight in winters. However, excess weight is not good for your pet’s health especially when it is hot out there. Summer is the best time to shed those extra kilos so you can increase their level of exercise during this period. This will not only help them get back in shape but will also keep them active and improve their overall health.
- Pay more attention to their grooming. Just basic grooming like regular bathing and hair-cut can help them feel more fresh and clean during summers. Also, summer is the time to get your pet a cool new haircut but avoid complete shave downs. Your pet’s fur keeps their body naturally cool and by shaving their fur you are interfering with their body’s natural regulation.
- Summer is the perfect season to have a splashing good time. Your pet will definitely enjoy summertime even more if you provide them with a pool in your backyard or take them to beaches. It will not only help them beat the heat, but it can also be a wonderful time for you to create memories with them!
- During summer, your pet’s skin is susceptible to sunburn, but using the right sunscreen will help protect them. Invest in a decent sunscreen for your pet and incorporate it into their everyday rest!
- Most importantly, protect your pets from pesky pests such as fleas, ticks, lice, mosquitoes, and worms, which are a major nuisance to pets during the summer as this seasonal change promotes their proliferation. Call your vet today and consult him for the best suitable preventive treatments for your pet.
Keep your pets cool while having a blast and have a wonderful summer, you all!Dont Forget to buy Pet Supplies This summer:-
Bravecto for Dogs
Frontline Plus for Cats